Monday, October 22, 2007

Initial interest... inspiring

As Salaamu alaykum,
As of this morning I had the "episode 1" (The Gathering) pilot script ready for public presentation. However, after speaking with DW contributor Rasheed, I decided to bump what I originally had as episode 1 to episode 2 & change episode 1 to THE SUMMONS. Rasheed has provided an excellent idea of showing the possible attendees receiving invitations & messages about this gathering. Of course this will be done in dramatic fashion in order to keep interest.
Episode 2 will of course be more intense than the introduction of 1. So we must make sure episode 1 peeks anticipation of episode 2, bi-idh-Nillah.
DW contributor & adviser Aminah (Mujahidah 786) of U.K. suggested we focus on producing a trailer now. Of course there is no actual footage to produce a more meaningful trailer therefore we will be reduced to text & musical score until or cast is finalized & a photo shoot scheduled.
J-Ansari, the pop-locker in DeenFather 1 & designer of DawahWorks.com , is working on a banner for this blog. He may also assume the role of producing the score, effects & intro for 3days2nights.
I spoke with quite a few brothers yesterday at a belated Eid picnic about this project & I am pleased to say that the response has been wonderful. Alhamdulillah!
It also decided to add a shia character, as they are part of the Ummah & are concerned with it's well-fair as well. I would very much like to have a sister to assume one of the main cast roles. The main cast is now 6 people, as they would represent the various areas of the Muslim world. I would love to cast a Persian, White, Arab, African, Indian/Pakistani/Bengali, & me (make dua'h I get the part).
As this project progresses i will update you all. I have no intention of a dragged-out process to show progress.
Lastly, here is some advice I found to be very helpful.
Seven tips for new film-makers

No comments: